Our Workshops At A Glance
YOUR TEAM CAN DO BETTER.
THE FIVE ELEMENTS OF EFFECTIVE TEAMS is an assessment-based learning experience that helps individuals and organizations reveal what it takes to build a truly cohesive and effective team in the most approachable, competent, and effective way possible. Bringing together everyone’s personalities and preferences to form a cohesive, productive team takes work, but the payoff can be huge—for individuals, the team, and the organization.
TO GAIN THIS ADVANTAGE, TEAMS MUST:
- Trust One Another — When team members are genuinely transparent and honest with one another, they are able to build vulnerability-based trust.
- Engage in Conflict Around Ideas — When there is trust, team members are able to engage in unfiltered, constructive debate of ideas.
- Commit to Decisions — When team members are able to offer opinions and debate ideas, they will be more likely to commit to decisions.
- Hold One Another Accountable — When everyone is committed to a clear plan of action, they will be more willing to hold one another accountable.
- Focus on Achieving Collective Results — The ultimate goal of building greater trust, conflict, commitment, and accountability is one thing:the achievement of results.
The program helps teams understand how, as a team, they score on the key components of The Five Behaviors model: trust, conflict, commitment, accountability, and results. Each individual on the team will also understand their own personality style and their team members styles, and how their style contributes to the team’s overall success.
THE SINGLE MOST UNTAPPED COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE IS TEAMWORK.
CREATING COLLABORATION USING THE BIRKMAN METHOD®
Participants will understand how their strengths, how they are viewed by others, what they need and their stress behavior and what evokes it.
To gain a competitive edge in today’s global market, you need a strong team committed to strengths development and collaboration.
In conjunction with The Birkman Method®, we will help your team discover strengths and peak potential. Clarifying strengths and weaknesses will identify and leverage the right team member for each job and, in turn, increase productivity and the bottom line.
BUILDING POWERFUL TEAMS WILL:
- Strengthen communication
- Build trust
- Enhance cooperation
- Reduce interpersonal conflicts
- Develop resilience
- Motivate strategic action
INFLUENCING OTHERS FOR RESULTS
Participants will increase their ability to prepare and deliver presentations with energy and impact, learn to motivate others, and demonstrate professionalism and confidence in negotiations.
- Do you want to “own the room” when presenting to a group?
- Are you persuasive and compelling when you offer your ideas?
- What value would you gain from delivering powerful presentations?
Presenting is not easy for many people. Strong tools, skills and practice can help persuasion, energy and confidence in any presentation situation from board rooms to hallway conversations.
As an effective presenter, you can influence others, gain respect, and produce results. Deliver powerful presentations and earn credibility, gain positive exposure and showcase your expertise internally and externally. Presentation effectiveness is a crucial difference between success and failure.
IN EFFECTIVE PRESENTATION SKILLS, YOU WILL:
- Understand how to use the three critical components of presenting – want, words, watch
- Learn how to show up with purpose and conviction
- Increase self-confidence
- Discover how to speak with clarity and charisma
- Master practical tools to stay on point, say the right things, and deliver for results
Participants will achieve superior results by increasing their ability to prepare and deliver presentations with energy and impact. They will more easily motivate and influence others and demonstrate professionalism and confidence in negotiations. This interactive and fast-paced program can help develop employees to achieve results through effective presentations.
HOW SKILL AND STRATEGY GAIN AGREEMENT
Employees will learn an arsenal of skills and techniques to become skillful negotiators in any situation. How much more effective could you be if you could:
- Develop more rewarding, trusting relationships through negotiation?
- Stay focused on what you really want in the negotiation?
- Understand your own inner dialogue during negotiation – and how to stay focused?
You will discover how to accomplish all this and more in this content-rich, dynamic program. You will leave with the knowledge and skills you need to adapt to any negotiation situation, stay focused on your goal and develop win-win solutions.
Make work—and life—easier and more productive by mastering the five unbreakable “musts” of essential negotiation.
IN ESSENTIAL NEGOTIATION, YOU WILL LEARN:
- The “mental” and “muscle” of negotiation
- Five essential steps to effective negotiation
- Why preparation matters
- Strategies for managing emotions
- Techniques to uncover commonalities and opportunities for mutual gain
How to develop fair and acceptable criteria
How to create a contingency plan if an agreement cannot be reached
Participants will learn to achieve superior negotiation results by increasing their ability to adapt and stay focused, use a variety of communication tools and strategies, and master techniques that lead to mutual gain and win-win results. This interactive and fast-paced program can help employees become skillful negotiators in any situation.
HOW HEALTH AND WELLNESS IMPACT LEADERSHIP
This interactive program is useful to anyone who wants to take his or her current levels of energy, performance, and achievement to the next level.
- Exhausted? Stressed? Overloaded? Fighting fires?
- Are your days “busy, as usual”?
- What is all this costing you? And your organization?
Things are busy and crazy. It doesn’t seem like there’s enough time in the day. The truth is, everyone gets 24 hours. What you do with your time is the difference.
Effectively managing energy is not a result of willpower or self-discipline, but habit and routine. Consciously acquired habits that help you to more skillfully manage energy are called rituals. Just like an elite athlete, you have to train to build specific performance routines to increase your energy. We will design specific plans to redesign daily routines to incorporate new goals.
IN LEADING FROM THE INSIDE OUT, YOU WILL LEARN:
- FOCUS. Most tasks are 80% psychology, 20% skill. Mindset, goal setting, and clarification of purpose are essential to becoming more energized.
- FOOD. When, what, and how you eat powerfully affects your energy levels, performance, and productivity. After this workshop, you will better understand food nutrition density and ways of being alkalized.
- FITNESS. You know what you need to do. Why don’t you? You’ll discover what gets in your way and will commit to taking action.
- V.I.B.E. Participants will design their V.I.B.E.: Values, Interests, Beliefs and Energy Sources.
Participants will learn to increase productivity, effectiveness, and energy levels for themselves, their teams, and their organization. This interactive and fast-paced program is useful to anyone who wants to take his or her current levels of energy, performance, and achievement to the next level.
BE THE CEO OF YOUR CAREER
This workshop teaches participants to take charge of their careers by improving workplace relationships and increasing productivity and effectiveness.
- Are you steering the course of your career or going where the wind blows?
- Do you and your organization have a clear understanding of your value(s)?
- Is your career focus on thriving, or just surviving?
Your career belongs to you, and it needs to be managed just as you manage your finances and time. Why? More than ever before, your success in business is related directly to how well you manage your career. To do this, you must master strategic networking skills, effectively communicate your personal value proposition, and control the internal dialogue that sabotages your efforts.
Your goal is simple: Stay essential by bridging your personal strengths with the demands of work. The result is profound: You can be more resourceful, increase performance and stand out in any crowd with the help of this dynamic program. You can become the CEO of your career!
IN STAYING ESSENTIAL, YOU WILL:
- Exchange success strategies and learn best practices from others
- Learn to manage areas of control and influence where you can make a difference
- Discover techniques to increase confidence and take risks
- Learn the power of questions to control communication and get the information you need
- Identify ways to gain certainty and bridge the gap between perception and reality
Participants will learn to achieve superior results by taking charge of their careers, improving workplace relationships, and increasing their productivity and effectiveness. This interactive and fast-paced program can help develop a dedicated, motivated workforce.
SMALL CHANGES = BIG RESULTS
This interactive and fast-paced program can help develop a high-energy, high-achievement workforce.
- Do you sometimes feel overwhelmed?
- What if it were easier to be successful?
- What do you wish for in your career?
The pace of work and life continues to gain speed: just keeping up can seem like an insurmountable challenge. It doesn’t have to be this way! You can get on top of everything you have to do, and stay on top, with The 5° Principle.
This powerful program explores valuable tools, practical insights, and encouragement to make change one step at a time. When you use The 5° Principle, the subtle shifts you make will add up to major advances in productivity and effectiveness. You cannot cross a room in a single step, nor can you meet big challenges in one try. Make a small change, take a baby step, and produce big results.
IN THE 5° PRINCIPLE, YOU WILL:
- Discover the power of using small steps to make giant leaps
- Understand the Five Principles
- Realize what you control vs. what you don’t
- Scale down obstacles and challenges into manageable chunks
- Learn how to shift perspective and rewrite your stories
- Appreciate stress as a feeling essential for growth
Participants will learn to achieve superior results by making small, focused changes to increase productivity, improve energy levels and heighten their sense of well-being and accomplishment. This interactive and fast-paced program can help develop a high-energy, high-achievement workforce.
EMPOWER OTHERS TO PRODUCE RESULTS
Learn to overcome personal barriers, save time, and increase employee motivation and learning opportunities through strategic delegation.
- How much more could you accomplish if you delegate tasks and assignments more easily and often?
- How could you benefit by effectively delegating assignments that meet organizational goals and help your employees grow and develop?
- Why are you spending time on tasks and assignments better accomplished by your employees rather than on work only you can do?
Strategic delegation takes time – and for many, it requires overcoming personal barriers. However, by delegating effectively we can nurture our employees through important and challenging work, develop their skills, and prepare them for the next level of responsibility. Ultimately, we’re able to save valuable time for ourselves while providing valuable growth opportunities for those who work under us.
IN THE ART OF DELEGATION, YOU WILL:
- Discover the benefits of delegation
- Unlock opportunities for staff development
- Learn to develop your own leadership skills
- Find ways to increase motivation and ownership
- Debunk “myths of delegation”, including that it makes you non-essential, that it’s less time-effective to teach others than to perform tasks yourself, that those under you can’t be trusted, and that delegation involves relinquishing power and control.
Participants will be able to identify and provide more opportunities for growth and development. Managers will dedicate their time to vision and leadership, maximizing their benefit to the organization by focusing on priorities, increased productivity, and departmental effectiveness. This interactive and fast-paced program can help develop a high-energy, high-achievement workforce.
ERRING ON THE SIDE OF LEARNING
Teams will end the blame game and begin to take accountability for errors. The company culture can change – one person, one team at a time.
- How does if feel to make a mistake?
- What do you tell yourself, and others, when things go wrong?
- How does your company culture tell you to respond to errors?
There are truths and myths about mistakes. Mistakes are part of life. That’s true. They are inevitable, even when playing safe. The myth, however, is that mistakes are bad. Mistakes are opportunities to improve, to learn and to grow. When mistakes are treated as “bad”, they are often hidden, blame-shifted or covered up. Organizations lose the learning from these mistakes — an opportunity for improvements toward excellence.
Participants in this workshop will gain new perspective on lessons learned from mistakes. This, in turn, helps to help foster an environment of trust and transparency, one in which team members openly participate and engage with one another.
IN THE MYTH OF MISTAKES, YOU WILL:
- Define the truth behind the myth of mistakes – better known as lesson learned
- Learn vulnerability – how acknowledging imperfections fosters relationships
- Share a lesson learned with a small group
- Hear valuable lessons learned from the entire group
- Create a Team Charter on how to manage mistakes in the future
Participants will be reminded that all innovation, creativity and growth is a result of learning from past mistakes. Teams will end the blame game and begin to take accountability for errors. The company culture can change – one person, one team at a time. Psychologically safe work environments expect mistakes. They equally expect ownership and growth as a result.
HOW PERCEPTION OF REALITY IMPACTS DESTINATION
Your Story of Success helps build a culture of responsibility and accountability where employees take ownership for their actions.
- Have you ever known someone who was always positive and upbeat?
- Do you know someone who always sees the worst possible outcome?
- Do you know the story you are telling yourself and others?
We all tell ourselves stories and attach meaning to events in our lives. These stories determine how we respond to people and events—either positively or negatively. The stories you tell about your circumstances and challenges affect how you remember the past, experience the present, and direct your future.
What is your story? Does it support you and help you on and off the job or is it one of struggle? Does it empower you and put you in control of your life or does it portray you as a victim?
If you don’t like your story and if it does not serve you, you can change it. How? Because your story is your perception of reality, and that can change. You can begin to tell a story of success.
IN YOUR STORY OF SUCCESS, YOU WILL:
- Create three alternative interpretations of events that will positively change your life
- Identify how you can control the negative impact of your stories
- Make new, affirming versions of past and present events
- Understand the impact of beliefs on your perceptions and attitudes
- Learn how to ask empowering questions
- Recognize and reframe faulty thinking that often leads to conflict and damaged relationships
This highly interactive, introspective program provides participants with a stronger awareness of their power to create and recreate perceptions of reality. Employees will work better together, avoid conflict and learn to overcome resistance to change. Your Story of Success helps build a culture of responsibility and accountability where employees take ownership for their actions. This reduces “drama” in the office and helps employees view situations more objectively.