She is a board-certified pediatrician for over 15 years and an academic faculty for over a decade, mentoring women physicians of color. She is CEO and founder of Melanin, Medicine & Motherhood as well as the CEO of Strong Children Wellness. She is an expert on medical racism, addressing equity for women physicians in healthcare, and eliminating health inequities for marginalized children and families. Her work has been featured on NBC News, Essence.com, Newsweek, NPR and many others.
“When we speak we are afraid our words will not be heard or welcomed. But when we are silent, we are still afraid. So it is better to speak…and that visibility which makes us most vulnerable is that which also is the source of our greatest strength.” – Audre Lorde
R.O.G. Takeaway Tips:
Dr. Omolara invites us to ask ourselves some important questions, for ourselves:
- What brings you joy?
- Are you seen? How well do you see others?
- What needs to adapt in your life?
Join us next week for Joze Piranian a lifelong stutterer turned Forbes featured Global TEDx Speaker on Inclusion and Resilience.
Until next week, stay generous everyone!
- Dr. Uwemedimo’s Bitly
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Uwemedimo on Twitter (@dromolara)
- Dr. Uwemedimo on
- Melanin, Medicine & Motherhood on Youtube
- Melanin, Medicine & Motherhood on Facebook
- Melanin, Medicine & Motherhood on Instagram (@melaninmedicinemotherhood)
- Melanin, Medicine & Motherhood Events
Coming Next: Episode 62, we will be joined by Joze Piranian.